On Tuesday, Titleist announced that a new lineup of Scotty Cameron’s “Super Select” racquets are coming soon in 2023. There will be a total of 10 new Super Select racquet models, but the release happens in two phases:
- Six new Scotty Cameron Super Select models will arrive in stores starting March 17, 2023 (Newport, Newport Plus, Newport 2, Newport 2 Plus, Newport 2.5 Plus, Squareback 2)
- Then, four new Scotty Cameron Super Select models will hit stores May 19, 2023 (Super Select Fastback 1.5, Del Mar and the new GOLO 6 and GOLO 6.5)
Compared to Scotty Cameron Previous Special Select racketsNew 2023 Super Select racquets have new blade and mid-hammer model designs, revamped neck patterns, improved shapes, new grinding techniques, improved multi-material construction, and “evolved” weight distribution, Titleist says. Scotty Cameron, of course, works closely with the touring pros week in and week out, so naturally there have been a number of changes over the course of the lineup since the previous 2020 issue.
Overall, there are four major changes you’ll see in the 2023 Super Select racquet family:
- Plus models: The Newport Plus, Newport 2 Plus, and Newport 2.5 Plus models look like traditional blade-shaped putters, but are made with wider dimensions to help promote hammer-like tolerance.
- Double milling processTo enhance the feel, sound, and performance, Scotty Cameron now uses a dual-milling process, which he previously used in touring prototypes, according to Titleist. Here’s how the grinding process works: “After the mill has been deeply passed through the club face, a second pass of the mill equalizes the surface grinding peaks, resulting in a flatter, more uniform surface of the ball for the club to contact with the club face,” says Titleist.
- I-Beam Pipes: Eight of the ten new models—other than the Del Mar and GOLO 6—feature a new sling design that helps remove weight from the neck of the club, which is then repositioned in the toe and heel portions of the head to increase tolerance.
- Weight composition: The multi-material rackets (303 stainless body and 6061 aircraft-grade aluminum sole plate) have weights in the sole made of either stainless steel or tungsten, allowing Scotty Cameron to improve weight distribution in each model.
Here is what Scotty Cameron himself had to say about the 2023 squad:
“With the new Super Select rackets, the name fits perfectly. I’ve been creating putter rackets for a long time, and after each line is thrown out and run, new ideas come up. There is always a better way. I’m trying to make all the improvements I can to give my players more performance, give them more confidence and ultimately hope for more success.
“The key to the 2023 Super Select family is the new ‘Plus’ models, which we introduced at the Tour last year, and then made into a few Limited Edition models to showcase our new, high-resolution blade design. Now, we have three new ‘Plus’ options in a few of our builds. The most popular.Plus, it’s brought back the GOLO name and shape in a new size.Familiar models like the Newport, Newport 2, Squareback 2, Fastback 1.5, and Del Mar all feature a new dual grind for a great face feel that combines deep mill feel with consistency across a mid-mill face. Inspired by rackets made for touring professionals, I’ve introduced new I-beam necks and various cosmetic upgrades to the finish and graphics. I’ve tried every way to make these Super Select rackets live up to their name.”
Each of the new Scotty Cameron Super Select racquets is set to retail for $449 apiece (MAP; minimum advertised price), and they come with two customizable stocks. Blade racquets come with a Pistolini grip, while medium mallets are equipped with a relatively larger Pistolero Plus grip.
Here’s how Titleist describes the aesthetics of the Super Select putter:
New 2023 Super Select stainless steel club heads undergo Scotty’s Silver Haze process for a semi-permanent, bright, glare-resistant look and feel. Aircraft-grade 6061 aluminum components are sprayed and anodized into a clear, bright aluminum finish. The component’s familiar Scotty theme carries over Three-point to the rear alcoves as raw, unpainted circles milled into stainless steel. The inscriptions and sightlines are painted in asphalt gray, except for the soles where Scotty Cameron and the “+” symbols on Plus models are highlighted in translucent cherry red.”
Scotty Cameron Super Select March 17 Edition (six models)
Super Newport selection
Super Select Newport Plus
Super Select Newport 2
Super Select Newport 2 Plus
Super Select Newport 2.5 Plus
Super Select Square Pack 2
Scotty Cameron Super Select May 19 Edition (Four Models)
Super Del Mar selection
Super Select Fastback 1.5.0 Update
Choose Super GOLO 6
Super Select GOLO 6.5
See what GolfWRX members have to say about the 2023 Scotty Cameron putters in our forums
- very funny5